1 night hiking adventure in Colorado Bend State Park! Located about two hours from Austin, this magical park has rivers, rolling hills, caves and kayaking. We will spend Saturday afternoon hiking and jumping in swimming holes( for those who want a polar plunge!). At night we will sit by the campfire, engage in guided discussion and eat amazing food from Curcuma. Sunday we will hike to Gorman falls, eat lunch in the wide open landscape picnic style and do gear demonstration for those that have questions.
For this adventure, Katherine Kiraly, owner of Reel Texas Productions, will be joining us on the trails! She will be interacting and teaching throughout the hikes and in our down time, focusing on the basics of shooting in the outdoors. This is a chance to hone your outdoor skills, beginner or professional. Throughout our hikes and at night we will all be able to collaborate and learn from each others personal and professional backgrounds. Each of you will leave with high quality photos of your experience.
Topics covered include:
- basic features of your camera or iPhone
- basic skills to learn when shooting camera or video outdoors
This will be a very intimate weekend with lots of 1:1 time with both Katherine and myself to answer any of your outdoor adventure questions or concerns.
What if I've never hiked or camped?
Not to worry! Part of our mission is to ease the burden of planning and executing camping experiences. Cristina will be there to help, guide and answer any of your questions.
What kind of food is provided?
All of the food is freshly prepared from Curcuma. There are no artificial additives or chemicals. For a sample menu, click here. If you have food restrictions or requests we can accommodate!
- Park fee
- Camping permit fees
- Gas( Depending on final numbers, we will carpool accordingly, if driving in our group, your gas will be covered. If you choose to take your own car, your gas will not be covered.)
- All meals, snacks and drinks freshly from Curcuma
- Guided hike
- Camping gear ( if desired)
- Private Instruction from Katherine on each hike
- 1:1 time with Cristina to answer questions about hiking and or camping
- Transportation to the park. We will all meet at designated area and drive to location together. Your gas will be covered, if you aren't coming from Austin, you will be reimbursed directly or just let us know prior to the trip.
Spots Available: 8
* Spots will be on a first come, first serve based on payment received. No more than 10 people will be admitted in order to keep the experience intimate.
Cost for entire weekend: $150 with your own tent, $175 to rent tent