Garner State Park
On this one night retreat we are partnering with Heather McConochie the owner of The Positive Thread- a prominent health coaching practice based in Austin, Texas.
Sample education workshops and activities include:
- How the outdoors heals our brains for optimal function
- How outdoor group experiences lead to positive, meaningful collaboration
- Meditation by the beautiful Frio River
- Guided journaling activities
- Q and A with Cristina about camping/hiking wellness
- Q and A with Heather about food and wellness
During your one night two day experience you will have the opportunity to hike, eat fresh food on rugs, meditate by the river and participate in some guided activities by Heather and Cristina . Your gourmet menu will be provided by Curcuma and Heather herself. Each individual has the opportunity to bring their own tent if they want to sleep alone, or they can stay in one of our spacious tents provided by Black Diamond.
Every small detail has been taken care of. All you need to do is show up ready for one of the best outdoor weekends of your life!
Here is a sample Itinerary hand- crafted by Heather .and Cristina
- 12pm - arrive at campsite, orient people to camp, visit, drink kombucha or sparkling water12pm - group lunch/intros
- 1pm - 3pm - guided hike by Cristina
- 3 - 5pm - lounging time at campsite/snacks
- 5-6pm - pre-dinner walk along the river
- 6-8pm -gourmet campsite dinner on rugs and cushions
- 8-10 - stargazing, smores, campfire, stories led by Heather
All of the food is freshly prepared with no artificial additives or chemicals. For a sample menu, click here. If you have food restrictions or requests we can accommodate!
- Campsite fee
- All meals, snacks and drinks
- Guided hikes
- Guided meditation
- Guided discussion and cooking demos by Heather
- Tent rental ( if not bringing your own)
- Sleeping pad for every participant to take home!
- Transportation and entrance fee to the park
- Sleeping Bags
What if I've never hiked or camped?
No worries at all! Part of our service is to carefully guide you along in this outdoor experience. You will have two very experienced hikers and campers to assist you with any questions or concerns.
How will we get to our camp site?
Once we have our final numbers, we will send out an email two weeks before giving out the specific campsite and timing information. If you are flying in from out of town, you will be given specific directions. If you are coming from Austin, we will provide caravan logistics.
Are there bathrooms?
Yes! You will have a public restroom within walking distance of campsite
Can I bring my pet or children?
While we do love dogs and children, we feel that participants will benefit as a group without any animals or children present.
What if it rains?
We can never control Mother Nature! If it happens to rain, the retreat will still happen and we will make necessary adjustments. However, safety is our number one priority so if we feel from weather reports that there is any serious weather coming, we will make alternations.
- $250 for members of the The Positive Thread
- $300 for non-members.
"Want to become a member of Heather's tribe? Click here to apply to the program. If you are accepted into the program you will receive a 5% discount on your tuition." This is the link - http://www.thepositivethread.com/contact
Available Spots: 20
Spots are reserved based on a first come first serve payment basis. Once your payment is received, we will consider that your entry. Two weeks prior to the weekend, you will be sent specific information regarding packing lists and logistics.