We are partnering with Northern Fir, for a full day education workshop on all things outdoors. Northern Fir is a naturally sourced men's grooming company that provides a line of products for the modern outdoor man. All of their products are in mission with keeping it natural, wholesome and keeping sustainable agriculture practices in mind.
* TBD( location will be in Austin)
- Safety in wild spaces
- What's the difference between backpacking and camping?
- What do different gear lists look like? ( you will receive gear lists to take home!)
- How do I pack my backpack?
- How do I stay clean, dry and warm?
- Healthy trial snacks and meals
- 30 minute time for group Q & A with the founders of The Rooted Method & Northern Fir
Tentative Outline of Education:
- 10:00-11:00- Introduction and outdoor safety
- 11:00-12:00- camping and backpacking essential gear lists
- 12:00-1:00- Break for lunch
- 1:00-2:00- How to choose, wear and pack a backpack properly
- 1:00-2:00- Healthy backcountry meals with demos
- 2:00-3:00- General Q & A with founders of The Rooted Method & Northern Fir
What to bring:
- If you don't have any equipment that is totally fine but bring your backpack, cooking materials etc if you do have them!
- Your own lunch if not going offsite to restaurant
Number of spots available: 30
Current number of spots available: 28
* spots are available on a first come first serve basis. Once we have 30 participants signed up we will close the event.